First Post! DIY State Art and Custom Frame!

Sunday, March 30, 2014


It's my first post! Woo! In honor of March being "National Craft Month," I finally threw together the blog I've contemplated for.. well.. over two years at this point. And now that there are only two days left in March, what better time to finally post?!





I read this idea on Two Twenty One and knew I had to make it. Glittery artwork for the apartment? Yes, please. I followed TTO's suggestions and I have to say, it came out pretty perfect. The one thing I later learned was that Jo-Ann Fabrics sells sheets of glittered paper. That would have cut out the entire step involving a glitter explosion/mod podge mess, but what can ya do? I'm happy with it! Chris especially loved the gold glitter covering his DIY tiled coffee table. And the floor. And everywhere else. Whoops.


But after I cleaned up, Chris also got into the fun and was nice enough to make a custom-sized frame for this painted print I have. He constructed it with supplies from the wonderful Hobby Lobby, bought and cut some plexiglass for the covering, and I painted the finished product (helpful). The print is neat though, right? One of my bosses brought it back from a trip to Brazil. Now we have some color on the walls!

Thanks for reading! I still have a lot to do with this space, so stay tuned for updates. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Google Adsense

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner