DIY Gold Polka Dot Bottle

Monday, May 26, 2014

Gold polka dot glass bottle - watermelon infused water

A couple months ago, Target's dollar bin section was filled to the brim with crafting supplies: mason jars, ribbons, labels, chalk pens, and these beautiful glass bottles. How cute are they?

The products are made by Paper and Dots, and while all their items are adorable, I can't tell if they are being sold anymore. I'm glad I stocked up when I did! I would have bought more if I had the space to store everything.

Paper and Dots glass bottles from Target

I decided to create something similar to what Paper and Dots advertised on its labels, gold polka dotted bottles. These are perfect for spring and summer since it is right around the corner. If I had more bottles, I'd have a variety of infused waters in the fridge by now!

Paper and Dots glass bottle from Target Martha Stewart Gold Opaque Metallic Glass Paint

Everyone who crafts needs to buy this Martha Stewart Metallic Opaque Glass Paintfrom Amazon. It air dries in a matter of weeks, or can be baked to cure, can be used indoors and outdoors, and is dishwasher safe. I'm tempted to go buy more colors from Amazon since it looks like quantities are low!

Gold Polka Dot Glass Bottle

The coating can be a little thick at times (which I realized after making a few polka dots with way, way too much paint) but is a really great color and quality. Just make sure you don't go overboard on the dots like I did. Since I bought two bottles from Target, the nicer of the two went to my mom for Mother's Day.

Gold Polka Dot Glass Bottle

Easiest project ever! I'm thinking I will eventually make gold painted glasses to match and potentially a tray to store everything on. Of course I'll need a place to display all that. Right.. that will be another project! Stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Google Adsense

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner